Whether you are new to the area or just looking to expand and excite your palate, SWFL dining offers some of the best restaurants in the world. The ambiance, the atmosphere, the weather, the people and the culture – it all adds to the overall experience.
You can look online to sites like Yelp or Trip Advisor, but nothing beats a good old fashioned personal recommendation. As a longtime resident, allow me to guide you to some of my favorite local hot spots.
My top 10 SWFL dining recommendations span Naples, Fort Myers, Marco Island and Estero
- Seasons 52. If you are looking for fresh inspired cuisine that is always in season, Seasons52 is the place for you. Elegant delicious fare, a great wine and beer list and a relaxing upscale atmosphere. They are located at 8930 Tamiami Trail North, Naples, FL, 34108 and can be reached by calling (239) 594-8852.
- USS Nemo. Amazing seafood with a creative twist. USS Nemo’s menu is unlike any other. Tucked into a small strip of shops this is a local favorite easily missed by tourists. If you are tired of the “same old, same old” – Venture into Nemos. Seating is limited, so call ahead for reservations. USS Nemo is located at 3745 Tamiami Trail N, Naples, FL and they can be reached at 239-261-6366
- Cru. In the mood for rich and decadent? Cru is the place. Their ever changing menu allows their master chefs to really get creative with the food. There is even a back bar which wraps around the cooking area creating the feel of a live cooking show. Your mouth will water watching the outgoing plates being prepared. Tables are also available which are far more private for romantic dinners. At Cru, you choose the experience. Cru is located at 13499 S. Cleveland Ave. Fort Myers, FL 33907 (In the Bell Tower Shopping Center) and can be reached at 239-466-3663.
- Veranda Restaurant. Looking for a bit of the old south? Nestled in the heart of historic downtown Fort Myers. The Veranda will take you away from the hustle & bustle of everyday life to a bygone era of Antebellum charm. Relaxed yet upscale, the Veranda is one of Fort Myers oldest restaurants and a must experience. Steak, seafood and some of the most elegant deserts on the planet. They are located at 2122 Second Street Fort Myers, FL 33901 and can be reached by calling 239-332-2065.
- Rumba Cuban Café. Though small, this cafe has amazing food. Fresh as fresh can get and very homemade. If you go once, you will go twice. This hidden gem is loved by locals and seasonals alike. Rumba is located at 1265 Airport Pulling Rd. South, Between Davis Blvd and Estey Ave. Across From Naples Motor Sports, Naples, FL 34104. They can be reached by calling 239-659-2996.
- Wahoo’s (Formerly Jack’s River Bar and Grille). Located on Naples Harbour, Wahoo’s boasts an island getaway feel. This location allows you to sit outside and take in our gorgeous Florida weather while sipping a cocktail waterfront. Take break from boating, enjoy lunch with friends, or a reserve a sunset dinner with family. This hidden tropical get away has fantastic food and hearty portions. They are located at 475 North Road Naples, FL 34104 and can be reached by calling 239-213-1441.
- Verdi’s American Bistro. Located on the world renowned Marco Island this bistro steak house continually holds top ratings. Elegant yet comfortable Verdi’s has a transitional look and feel. Homemade food utilizing the freshest local cuisine available. Chef Upham is constantly expanding his skills and is continuously praised by our diners. Verdi’s is located at 241 North Collier Blvd, Marco Island, FL 34145 and can be reach by calling 239-394-5533.
- The Blue Coyote. Located at the Sanibel Island Golf Club, they are open to the public. Dining at the Blue Coyote is a full on taste experience unlike any other. Extra ordinary lighting, gorgeous art, and a relaxed yet upscale environment all set the stage for the unmatched culinary creations. If you are looking for a restaurant on Sanibel that is self-proclaimed as “Slightly less island and more sophistication”, make a reservation at the Blue Coyote. They are located at 1100 Par View Drive Sanibel Island, FL 33957 and can be reached by calling 239-472-9222.
- M Waterfront Grille. Waterfront luxurious dining. The M has it all. Location, ambiance and an incredible menu of cutting edge continental cuisine. Fine dining with a relaxed flair. Take in the views and leave feeling fully satisfied. The M is located at 4300 Gulf Shore Blvd. Naples, FL and can be reached by calling 239-263-4421.
- Roy’s. Roy Yamaguchi, world renowned chef, launched his own chain of high end steak house restaurants. We are lucky enough to have one located right here in Bonita Springs. Inspired bites and enticing cocktails. Roy’s is a staple that is not to be overlooked. They are located at 26831 South Bay Drive, # 100 Bonita Springs, FL 34134 and can be reached by calling (239) 498-7697.
Live nearby the best SWFL dining
Once you fall in love with this area and our local cuisine, you may consider buying a home. To inquire about available properties in Fort Myers, Cape Coral and surrounding Southwest Florida, contact me, Rick LaVan of Treeline Realty Corp at 239-848-7403.
Originally Published: http://www.ricklavan.com/2016/01/swfl-dining-my-top-10-restaurant-recommendations/