I am amazed at how many people have yet to figure this one out. We are all born with an internal guidance system.
It’s called feeling. Feeling comes from the heart not from the brain. Logic and your mind will play games with you as it is your brain that has been programmed by life and society. Your heart is a free thinker, so to speak.
Internal conflict comes when your heart and your mind are at odds. My best advice is to always follow your heart. It is far smarter and truer to who you really are. It knows. Your mind just thinks it knows. Somewhere along the way your ego also likes to jump in and now you have an all out internal brawl. I’m fairly sure this is where emotional breakdowns and anxiety attacks come into play.
Here are some rules to follow in order to tell your mind and ego to shut it and tune into your heart.
1. If you feel uneasy, unhappy, or ill at ease with something or someone – Simply remove yourself from the situation.
*Now I know at this point some will say, “It’s not that easy.”
You are for whatever reason, choosing to make it hard. If it’s a job – find another and quit. If it’s a relationship – get out. Whatever “it” is for you work towards moving on to something else.
2. Live in the NOW.
Stop lamenting about the past – what you would have, could have, should have done. It makes zero difference – you cannot go back. Stop worrying about the future. You aren’t there yet. Future is formed by doing and being in the present and being here fully. Choose actions that will lead where you want to be.
Life is a choose your own adventure novel.
3. Stop beating yourself up because you aren’t perfect.
You aren’t meant to be perfect. You will never be “perfect”… This is earth school. We are spiritual beings having an earth bound experience in order to learn and grow and enjoy along the way. We are all our own individual masterpieces. There is no right, no wrong, and no perfect. In fact – In our imperfections we are always the perfect us at any given time.
4. Show yourself some appreciation.
You are an amazing being, yet many constantly put other people first. It is vital to take time to yourself and do things you enjoy and that make you happy. Its not possibly to make anyone else happy. But happy naturally rubs off on others…. So making yourself happy is key.
5. Listen to that inner voice. We all have one. It is far smarter than we are.
6. Be true to yourself and who you are. Never make changes for someone else unless you yourself believe they are in your best and highest interest and you are ready. Other people will always have opinions on you and your life……… They do not matter nearly as much as what you think of yourself.
7. Take time to meditate or if that isn’t your thing – just take some time every day to clear your mind and simply breathe…oxygenation heals and relaxes the body and mind.
8. You cannot medicate yourself into a state of happiness. Prescription drugs will cloud and cover and mask and yes, make you feel better for a while, but the actual issues causing the unhappiness aren’t going anywhere and will be there still until you choose consciously to make changes.
9. In summary? If something feels bad, off, wrong, makes you sad, depressed, uncomfortable? Stop doing it, participating in it, and/or allowing it in your world.
This is YOUR world. You are 100% in charge of it and you deserve to be happy.