Turning some jobs into heroes and others non-essential is just another way to divide us.
Anyone else tired of hearing how important truck drivers are and all these posts about thanking a truck driver? As a long-distance truck driver, here’s my perspective on this.
Sure, the trucking industry is important to the supply chain and a lot of truck drivers are hard-working people that put in long hours but let me be clear on this.
– A truck driver is NOT more important than the person working in the warehouse making sure product is ready to ship.
– Not more important than the person ordering the product that goes into the warehouse or store. Not more important than the person manufacturing or growing the products.
– Not more important than the dispatcher, the planner at the trucking industry coordinating the loads with the seller or buyer.
– Not more important than the person who keeps the computer systems in the supply chain going. Not more important than the mechanic in the shop making sure those truck and trailers are safe and ready to go up and down the road.
– Not more important than the person at the oil refinery making sure there’s enough fuel with the right conditioners for winter or summer.
– Not more important than the highway construction employees and maintenance crews, the engineers the designers the planners, architects that keep our highway system functional.
– Not more important than the person who stocks the shelves in the grocery store or department store. – – Not more important than the waitress or cook at the restaurant.
– Not more important than cashier. not more important than the store owner.
The truck driver is certainly not more important than the fireman, the policeman the nurse, the doctor the electrician the plumber, the carpenter, the janitor the cleaning staff, the teachers the daycare workers, the railway worker the ship operators and all the other people in all kinds of Industries and line of work that I can’t think of right now, and yes even politicians. The truck driver is not more important or less important than any of these men and woman that keep the world going round and round.
– Everybody is important, and EVERYBODY is WHO we are doing this for.
We are uniting to save ourselves collectively from government overreach which is controlling all aspects of life including healthcare. This movement is NOT ANTI-VAX. It is PRO CHOICE and PRO FREEDOM.
Anonymous Canadian Truck Driver
2.3 million people reported
150,000 big rigs
countless other vehicles.
This is happening !