Heavy metal poisoning can be subtle and mimic other health issues. It is not always easy to diagnose.
There are two forms of metal toxicity. Acute & Chronic. Let’s take a look at both.
Acute Metal Toxicity:
Sudden onset from immediate exposure can result in –
- Severe cramping
- Severe convulsions
- Difficulty breathing
- Impaired cognitive skills
- Impaired motor skills
If you are experiencing any of the above, please seek medical attention immediately.
Chronic Metal Toxicity: Build up over time due to chronic and constant exposure are much more subtle and can easily be confused with other health issues. It can present as –
- Aching joints
- Digestive issues
- Impaired blood sugar regulation
- Female reproductive issues
- Watering eyes
- Chronic headaches that keep coming back – generally one side of the head
Metal toxicity may sound like a far-reaching concept but we are all exposed on a regular basis to possible contaminants. Possible sources of metals can include:
- Fluoride – in the drinking water and in dental products like toothpaste and rinses
- Cookware – (beware aluminum and nonstick cookware as well as stainless steel which can expose you to nickel which is carcinogenic)
- Vaccinations – mercury and aluminum injected directly into the bloodstream
- Cosmetics – contain aluminum bases which can also contribute to Alzheimer’s
- Dental work – Silver amalgam fillings as well as any dental work that contains metal alloy can contribute to toxicity. It is recommended for all crowns and bridges to do porcelain only.
- Smoking – can cause cadmium poisoning
- Buy only high-quality supplements – some colloidal silvers can lead to silver poisoning and other supplements can be high in lead, mercury, and can contain metals arsenic.
- Conventional Household Cleaning Products – can contain metals and other toxins
- Insecticides & Herbicides – can contain metals and other toxins
- Costume Jewelry – Avoid wearing costume jewelry if you are sensitive to metals
- The Food You Eat – If your body is deficient in essential metals it will use toxic metals it can find as stand-ins instead. Metals can come from pesticides, herbicides, soil, rain, air exposure, and processing.
If you aren’t feeling your best and you cannot seem to find relief or explanation, it is advisable to seek professional assistance. Left unchecked heavy metal toxicity can lead to permanent damage to the body and organs. Get back in balance and back to health with Nutrition Specialists of Florida by calling 239-947-1177. www.bonitaspringschiropractor.com
Originally Posted: http://chiropractorbonitasprings.com/blog/b_76326_are_you_suffering_from_heavy_metal_toxicity.html